VA Caribbean Healthcare System
Mayaguez Outpatient Clinic
The Mayagüez Clinic is a Satellite of the San Juan VAMC, and was established in 1976 to improve access to Primary Care services for veterans in the western part of Puerto Rico. We currently provide a wide variety of services:
- Primary Care and Nursing Care
- General Psychiatry
- Surgical Consultation and Minor Surgery
- Urology and Cystoscopy
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, including Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Cardiology, including Echocardiography, Stress Test and Holter
- Gastroenterology Consultation and Procedures (Endoscopy, Colonoscopy & Sigmoidoscopy)
- Ophthalmology and Optometry
- X-Ray and Sonography
- Dietetics Evaluation and Counseling
- Social Work
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
- Podiatry Services
From the North: From downtown Mayagüez, take Hostos Avenue (Old PR #2) South. Turn left at the traffic light in front of the Mayagüez Medical Center, and left again onto the Marginal going North. Go past Farmacia Amal and the Office Park; the Mayagüez VA Outpatient Clinic will be on the right.
From the South: Take Hostos Avenue (Old PR #2) North toward Mayagüez. Turn right at the traffic light in front of the Mayagüez Medical Center, and continue North on the Marginal. Go past Farmacia Amal and the Office Park; the Mayagüez VA Outpatient Clinic will be on the right.
- Free on premises