VA Caribbean Healthcare System
Accreditation and Achievements
The VA Caribbean Healthcare System was surveyed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) in June 2007, in an unannounced triennial visit and received full accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) on Blind Rehabilitation Center, Medical Rehabilitation Programs, Spinal Cord System of Care and Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Program.
The VA Caribbean Healthcare System also has accreditation from:
- The Society of Chest Pain Centers, Institutional accreditation by the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases, Pulmonary / Critical and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Training Programs.
Other accreditations and certifications include:
- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission Certification
- National Health Physician’s Program Certification
- Certificate of Performance Criteria of Society of Nuclear Medicine Service of Diagnostic Chest Tumor Program,
- Certificate of Performance Criteria of Society of Nuclear Medicine Service for Diagnostic Bone Spect Program
- Certificate of Society of Nuclear Medicine Service Proficiency Testing Program of 3-D Lung Phantom Participant
- ACRO American College of Radiation Oncology: Radiation Oncology Program, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (Co)
- AAHRPP Association for the Accreditation of Human research protection Programs, Inc.